What we do
Cardinals in the Community (CITC) was formally launched in 2004 to grow and nurture links between Woking Football Club and the local community.
In 2019 CITC became a charitable organisation, operating as an independent entity but maintaining close links with the club. Capitalising on Woking FC’s local reputation, we use the power of sport for the benefit of the community.
Our vision is to be one of the non-league’s leading community schemes:
- Delivering educational and sport-related projects throughout Woking as befits a leading non-league football club.
- Contributing to local borough initiatives that will positively impact on crime prevention, education, health and employment.
- Targeting those who are perceived as socially excluded by developing accessible and affordable projects.
- Forging links with other organisations to design and deliver projects that create opportunities for all.
We aim to:
- Engage disadvantaged children, young people and adults to help improve their lives through football. By working in partnership with police and youth organisations we will be able to target areas where help is most needed.
- Improve health and wellbeing within the local community by tackling the rise in obesity and mental health problems and caring for the wellbeing of children and adults.
- Improve understanding of the key issues affecting our community by providing training and support to local service providers.
- Make a difference to the lives of children and adults with disabilities, providing the opportunity to participate in football at a level to suit everyone.
Our core themes across all our provision, and the way in which we measure our success, are:
- Increasing participation amongst those who are marginalised and at risk of exclusion.
- Creating new opportunities and expanding current provision to promote participation.
- Tackling inequality across our programmes whether that is due to gender, race, financial status or anything else that might stand in the way.
We'd love to keep in touch
Join our mailing list to get the latest news